Tuesday 2 July 2013

Volunteers - Rachel, Andrew and Clare



Hi there! We’d like to introduce ourselves – we’re Rachel, Andrew and Clare – we are triplets and we've all signed up as volunteers for the 2013 World Police and Fire Games!

Rachel Magowan
My inspiration to become a volunteer for the Games mainly comes from my experience as a Fire Cadet and my desire to be a part of something that would create many memories for lots of people. I am looking forward to being part of a big team and helping out in my local community. I've never volunteered for something like the Games, but I've done some voluntary work at a local nursery to get valuable experience as I would like to be a primary school teacher. This is going to be a very exciting time for Belfast, and the whole of Northern Ireland!

Andrew Magowan
Well, I'm just as excited as Rachel is! I can’t wait to be so closely involved in one of the biggest events to happen in Northern Ireland. It will be so much fun to be part of the Games and meet people from so many different countries. I hadn't really thought about volunteering before, so this will be a fantastic first experience for me!

Clare Magowan
As soon as I heard about volunteering for WPFG on the TV and Radio, I signed up straight away! Like Rachel, I am a Fire Cadet in Carrickfergus and I was inspired to become a volunteer to meet new people and get vital experiences in the community as I want to join the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service. I want to make my Cadet Leaders proud as they are the ones who have given me the inspiration and passion for all things related to the Fire Service!

We are all delighted to have been chosen as part of team 2013! See you at the Games!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!!!! So glad you guys signed up to volunteer. Without volunteers, we couldn't have a great event like this. And... Don't forget to enjoy it to the fullest and ask the atletes anything you'd like to know! They're happy to share stories and experiences! See you in Belfast :-) Groetjes uit Nederland, Ilse

    ReplyDelete