Thursday 20 June 2013

Let the Games begin!


My name is Nicci Gregg and I am going to be a volunteer at this year’s World Police and Fire Games, as part of the media team.

Although the actual Games are not kicking off until August, for me as a volunteer, this weekend’s orientation event is the beginning of my WPFG journey and I am so excited to see what’s in store.

I found out just this month that I have been accepted as part of the media team and I could not be happier.  When I decided to volunteer I was really hoping I would get the chance to help out with the media side of things as it relates to my career - I work for Coca-Cola within the PR and Communications department and I think working at the Games will give me a great opportunity to really enhance my skills and learn new ones.

I am really excited about the orientation event this Saturday; I think it will be great to have a better idea of what to expect this summer, and I hear the infamous ‘Da’ from Give My Head Peace is hosting, which is sure to provide a few laughs!  I am also intrigued to find out what our volunteer uniform is going to look like. I had a dream Roberto Cavalli designed it; that could be true, right?

I have been asked to speak on stage this Saturday to represent the media team. I have never spoken to over 3000 people before, so that is sure to be an experience I will never forget, hopefully in a good way. If I faint, someone please catch me….maybe an ‘Ultimate Fire Fighter’?


See you on Saturday, I’ll be the girl trembling on stage. Don’t laugh!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicci!

    Looking forward to the speech - best of luck!

    Mr Vivian Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best , See you Nicci Tomorrow

    ReplyDelete