Thursday 11 July 2013

Kevin Miles - Co-working and competing!


Hello there! My name is Kevin Miles and I am a retired FBI agent from Western Massachusetts.

This year my wife, Reggie, and I are coming over to the Games in Belfast. Both of us are going to be competitors which will be great fun - fortunately we won’t be going up against each other as we’re in different events! That’s probably a very good thing since we have pretty much followed the same path career-wise for the past 23 years!!

We met each other on the first day of our FBI training and were in the same Academy class at Quantico. We worked together for three years in Buffalo, NY Division; we were on the Organised Crime Squad and then on the Narcotics Squad. We then worked in the Los Angeles Division for 17 years. For the first three of those years we worked together on the Joint Terrorism Task Force - I worked in Domestic Terrorism and Reggie worked International Terrorism. We both recently retired from the FBI - on the very same day, of course! We now work together for Troy Asymmetric in West Springfield, Massachusetts.

This will be my second time at World Police and Fire Games and it will be my wife’s fifth (I have a serious bit of catching up to do!). I will be doing the Triathlon and Regina will be doing the Push-Pull event. We are both really looking forward to the Games and meeting up with all the other international competitors – I just hope I pick up a better medal than my wife!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm volunteering at the push-pull event, so really looking forward to seeing you there! Beverley de Valmency @Bev_deV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog! Have a great time in Belfast, we'll have fun!!!
    Ilse, Netherlands, competitor in squash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Ilse, we're so pleased you like the Blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in your game. Regards from spain

    ReplyDelete