Thursday 9 May 2013

Eric Beauchamp – competing for a cause


My name is Eric Beauchamp and I'm a police officer in the Longueuil Police Department in the province of Québec, Canada. I’ve been in the force for 7 years and the Belfast Games will be my first experience of the World Police and Fire Games. I will be competing in two events – Mountain Biking and Toughest Competitor Alive.
My reason for taking part in the Games is to raise money for the HTAPQ Foundation which supports people who have the incurable disease Artery Pulmonary Hypertension, a condition that my wife suffers from. My goal is to raise $5000, and to help me achieve this I have created my own website, as well as Facebook and Twitter pages.
This is the first time I have put so much time and effort into something; I'm not expecting to win any medals, my only goal is to reach the magic number of $5000! My training regime for the Games is extremely challenging and each week I complete the following:
3 x 100km road cycles
3 x 30km mountain bike cycles
1 x cross-fit sessions
2 x spin sessions
3 x gym session
1 x 5km runs
50 x 100m sprints
I am very lucky to have so much support as I find the training so demanding, both mentally and physically. People have rallied round to be my personal trainers, motivators and training buddies – all of which is helping me through this gruelling regime!
I can’t wait to visit Northern Ireland and compete with some amazing athletes in the Games!

Click on the following links for more information about the Cycling and TCA events, or if you’d like to register for any of the sports events please click here.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eric,
    good luck to you at the games.
    I 'll be competing in the tca open series,
    i'll meet you there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric Beauchamp4 June 2013 at 18:44

      Thanks bro!

      Wish you luck too!

      See you there!

      Delete