Thursday 25 April 2013

Henrik from Copenhagen…….

Hi there! I’m Henrik Hansen and I'm a fire fighter in the Copenhagen Fire Department in Denmark where I've been for over 28 years.

My passion is golf and I have played at the Games many times, I have also competed in the Muster event in Adelaide in 2007.


I have some great memories of playing golf at the World Police and Fire Games – at the 1999 Games in Stockholm I was partnered up with a fire fighter called Chuck from Memphis and we had the best three days on the course. Unfortunately, I lost touch with Chuck after the Games and didn’t expect our paths to cross again. That was until I turned up for my first day’s play at the 2001 Games in Indianapolis.

I was unloading my clubs from the boot of my car and heard this yell from the other side of the car park. I wondered who it could be and I turned round to see Chuck! He ran towards me yelling...."Henrik from Copenhagen…….???" I of course responded, “Chuck from Memphis....???” We spent hours chatting like we had known each other for years – this is what makes the spirit of the Games for me.

Chuck from Memphis, if you’re reading this, I really hope you are coming to Belfast!!

Click here for more information about Golf.


2 comments:

  1. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. racecargames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. www.cargame.pw

    ReplyDelete